This two-week lesson plan pack comes with printables, online activities, and digital versions of practice that will help your third graders review what they learned in second grade math. It also includes ready-to-go Google Slideshows so you can demonstrate in a remote classroom environment.
This unit was designed as a beginning-of-the-year review for incoming third-grade students. It addresses these critical focus areas in math for second grade:
Extending understanding of base-ten notation:
· counting in fives, tens, and multiples of hundreds, tens, and ones, as well as number relationships involving these units, including comparing.
· understanding multi-digit numbers (up to 1000), recognizing that the digits in each place represent amounts of thousands, hundreds, tens, or ones.
Building fluency with addition and subtraction:
· fluency with addition and subtraction within 100.
· solving problems within 1000 using concrete models
Using standard units of measure:
· recognizing the need for standard units of measurement (centimeter and inch)
· using rulers and other measurement tools with the understanding that linear measure involves an iteration of units.
Describing and analyzing shapes:
· investigating, describing, and reasoning about decomposing and combining shapes to make other shapes.