Bring new life to multiplication with this Common Core Christmas-Themed Math-tivity set. If your students are new to this standard, this packet will be a great introduction for them. If they have been studying the standard (like my students) throughout the year, these activities will reinforce their understanding.
This Christmas-themed packet includes:
1. The standard, along with original “I Can” statements. Note that I worded these statements to include strategies your students can use to comprehend and use the standard. Strategies include Christmas-themed examples. Ask children to glue these in their math notebooks, or work together to generate a similar version based on strategies your students have studied.
2. A Multiplication Christmas Ornament with blanks for answers.
3. A Multiplication Christmas Ornament with an answer key. Direct children to cut the flaps in the blank version and glue it on top of the answer key. Next, choose to glue the entire creation into interactive notebooks, or use it during center time.
4. Directions to guide your children in writing their own Christmas-themed multiplication problems.
5. A brainstorming activity to help your children to generate ideas.
6. Multiplication “Flap Books.”
7. Christmas-themed manipulatives to help make multiplication problems comprehensible for all students (choose full-color or black-and-white).
***Note that this is a mini-version of: 3rd Grade Common Core Math-tivities Christmas Themed MEGAPACK
, which incorporates ALL 9 Operations and Algebraic Thinking standards.
For more mini-packets that teach single standards, please try:
3rd Grade Common Core Math-tivities - Christmas Theme 3.OA.A.2
3rd Grade Common Core Math-tivities - Christmas Theme 3.OA.A.3
***Note that I offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all of my products. If you are 100% satisfied with this product, please give it 100% positive ratings on TPT. If you are dissatisfied for any reason, please contact me at email@example.com. I will either solve your problem or refund your money.
- Jennifer Fixman-Kramer