Bring new life to division with this holiday-themed set. If your students are new to this standard, this packet will be a great introduction for them. If they have been studying the standard throughout the year, these activities will reinforce their understanding.
***Note that this packet is one small portion of my 3rd Grade Common Core Math-tivities Christmas-themed BUNDLE, available on my "EduTunes With Miss Jenny" TpT page.
This packet includes:
1. The standard, along with original “I Can” statements. Note that I worded these statements to include strategies your students can use to comprehend and use the standard. Strategies include Christmas-themed examples. Ask children to glue these in their math notebooks, or work together to generate a similar version based on strategies your students have studied.
2. A division ornament with blanks for answers.
3. A division ornament with an answer key. Direct children to cut the flaps in the blank version and glue it on top of the answer key. Next, choose to glue the entire creation into interactive notebooks, or use it during center time.
4. Directions to guide your children in writing their own holiday-themed division problems.
5. A brainstorming activity to help your children to generate ideas.
6. Division gift mini-books--A fun way for students to publish their original story problems.
7. Christmas-themed manipulatives to help make division problems comprehensible for all students (choose full-color or black-and-white).
***Note that I offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all of my products. If you are 100% satisfied with this product, please give it 100% positive ratings on TPT. If you are dissatisfied for any reason, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I will either solve your problem or refund your money.
- Jennifer Fixman-Kramer