All standards for reading are addressed! The research behind "Interactive Notebooks" supports implementation in the classroom as it is proven that students will refer to the notebook as an anchor. The instructional practice by the teacher to support the promise to cover Common Core standards utilizing this researched based strategy proves fruitful for your students, parents and administrators. The benefits from implementing Interactive Notebooks in your classroom include a place for students to organize standards and the value student ownership of the tool. You, as the teacher, have a way to reach multiple intelligences by implementing a readers notebook in your classroom.
Product Updated to include Bonus Items: 9-24-13
The tools presented in this notebook cover the following skills.
- RL.3.1 Asking and Answering Questions
- RL.3.2 Genres: Folktales, Fables, and Myths with morals and lessons. * Retelling and recounting stories.
- RL.3.3 Describing characters with specific differentiation for feelings and traits.
- RL.3.4 Using context clues. Literal and Non-literal foldables to focus on idioms
- RL.3.5 Refer to stories, dramas and poems
- RL.3.6 Point of view and perspective
- RL.3.7 Illustrations: To focus on the mood, setting, details and characters.
- RL.3.9 Compare and contrast also with specific focuses on theme and plot
- RL.3.10 Comprehension with tools to record literature.
- RI.3.1 Ask and Answer Questions to cite text evidence with text dependent questions.
- RI.3.2 Main Idea and details to focus on citing evidence to prove the main idea using details to include stated and implied main ideas also with factual and sensory details.
- RI.3.3 Focus on types of texts to include historical, scientific and technical
- RI.3.4 Words and phrases to include context clues, dictionary and strategies.
- RI.3.5 Text features to focus on three types of features such as navigators, types of print and visual features.
- RI.3.6 Point of view demonstrating differentiation between the author and the reader.
- RI.3.7 Illustrations to include photographs, maps and diagrams
- RI.3.8 Text Structure with focus on Compare & Contrast, Cause & Effect and Sequence.
- RI.3.9 Compare and contrast main points and key details
- RI.3.10 Informational Text comprehension
- RF.3.3a Common prefixes and suffixes
- RF.3.3b Latin suffixes Note: Verbiage is derived from Appendix A of the CCSS.
- RF.3.3c Multisyllable Words Note: Verbiage derived from Appendix A of the CCSS.
- RF.3.3d Irregular spelled words
- RF.3.4a Purpose and understanding with a focus on text connections
- RF.3.4b Fluency
- RF.3.4c Confirmation check
The tools presented in this product will serve as useful tools for your current interactive note-booking system. While this product has an abundance of supplies it is not a "one-stop" shop as we all have extra goodies that are our own to insert into our notebooks.
Also take into consideration that the foldables and flap books can serve as standalone curriculum enhancers of common core.
Also included: Tabs, Dividers and Table of Contents for each strand.
Original works of
© 24/7 Teacher
Please ask any and all questions prior to purchasing!
to ask Amy
a question @ www.247teacher.us
For more on Text Coding, Text Structures, and Close Reading of Informational Texts.
Click here to see my Interactive Notebook for Informational Text, Text Structures, and Close Reads.
Click here to see my Monthly Close Reading Units.
"Helping your children become text-dependent!"
Each monthly unit has history, biographies, science topics, holidays, and more!
Designed for Close Reading
: Other uses include homework, social studies, or science.
Text dependent questions are designed for text evidence responses!
Each passage is written at FOUR levels. From first to fifth!
Each passage has five or more activities. Use for guided reading!
Each passage can be used as week-long homework!
Click here to check out my Monthly Close Reading Club!
Click below to see each individual unit in the file.
Click below to see more of each individual unit in the file.
for the January Close Reading Unit. 20 passages: EACH Written at FOUR levels.
for the February Close Reading Unit. 20 passages: EACH Written at FOUR levels.
for the March Close Reading Unit. 20 passages: EACH Written at FOUR levels.
for the April Close Reading Unit. 20 passages: EACH Written at FOUR levels.
for the May Close Reading Unit. 20 passages: EACH Written at FOUR levels.
for the June Close Reading Unit. 20 passages: EACH Written at FOUR levels.
for the August Close Reading Unit. 10 passages: EACH Written at FOUR levels.
for the September Close Reading Unit. 20 passages: EACH Written at FOUR levels.
for the October Close Reading Unit. 20 passages: EACH Written at FOUR levels.
for the November Close Reading Unit. 20 passages: EACH Written at FOUR levels.
for the December Close Reading Unit. 20 passages: EACH Written at FOUR levels.
Click the green links to see the titles included in each unit.
to follow on FB for exclusive Facebook Only FREEBIES!
to grab some new freebies at www.247teacher.us
to follow on Pinterest
Have a question? Have a suggestion?
to contact Amy @ www.247teacher.us
All informational texts are original. Literature or fiction pieces are either original pieces written by Harrod or retellings by me from public domain. Original pieces are the copyrighted works of Joe Harrod, operating under the umbrella entity of American Production 24/7LLC DBA 247 Teacher.
If you have colleagues interested in my work, please respect the DMCA by directing them to my store. Your purchase is for one classroom only. Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to print for more than one classroom. Additional licenses are listed at or more than 50% off. If you have any questions please communicate with me: Amy at www.247teacher.us!
Are you ordering three or more?
Then, please read the following.
In order to provide you with a fair and accurate quote please contact me for information regarding pricing for team, grade level, school site, or district licenses.
All rights reserved by A. Harrod. This product may not be distributed digitally such as through any usb flash drive or mass storage device. Under no circumstance can this product be uploaded to any cyber sharing platform such as a server, drive, network, wiki, or digital cloud storage unless approved by Amy: 247 Teacher. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a direct violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).
Thank you for recognizing my hard work and directing your colleagues to my store.