Students are thoughtful and empowered when they know what is expected of them and have opportunities to reflect on their work. These rubrics and checklists provide the documents to help you do this, and will guide you and your students through a year of writing in multiple genres.
This document includes:
- Ideas for how to use these documents
- Narrative Writing Rubric
- Narrative Writing Revision Checklist
- Narrative Writing Self-Assessment
- Informational Writing Rubric
- Informational Writing Revision Checklist
- Informational Writing Self-Assessment
- Opinion Writing Rubric
- Opinion Writing Revision Checklist
- Opinion Writing Self-Assessment
- Editing Checklist (for any genre)
- Revision Checklist (for any genre)
The rubrics identify grade-level Common Core standards for writing and language skills, including benchmarks for student achievement at four levels: Exceeding Standards, Meeting Standards, Approaching Standards, and Not Yet Approaching Standards.
Standards can be found under one of the following categories: Ideas, Organization, Word Choice, Sentence Fluency, Voice, Conventions, and Behavior.
The language in the rubric is also helpful for progress reports and/or report cards.
You can find my Writing units here:
Launching the Writing Process
Opinion Writing Unit
Informational Reading and Writing Unit
Fractured Fairy Tales
PLEASE NOTE: Your purchase is for one classroom use. If you are sharing with other teachers, please purchase additional licenses at checkout.
Be sure to "follow me" to receive freebies and to be notified of 50% off new products for the first 48 hours!
Visit my blog: One Lucky Teacher
Follow me on Facebook
Find me on Instagram