Daily Grammar Unit 5
*Save 20% and purchase ALL
current and future grammar units in the new GROWING BUNDLE
Use the many components of this resource to plan, teach, and assess grammar skills throughout the year. With easy-to-implement lessons, a long-range plan for learning all standards, student practice pages, and formative and summative assessments, this unit will take you through a wide variety of grammar skills in just a few minutes a day.
Unit 5’s Focus
1. Skill Focus:
• Week 13: Capitalization: Titles of People
• Week 14: Capitalization: Geographical Names & Places
• Week 15: Capitalization: Historical Periods
2. Sentence Structure:
• Week 13: Commas in a Series
• Week 14: Commas in a Series
• Week 15: Commas in a Series
3. Spelling Patterns:
• Week 13: Complex Consonants
• Week 14: Complex Consonants
• Week 15: Complex Consonants
1. Grammar Outline: a year-long glimpse into the pacing and teaching of the TEKS and Common Core Standards
2. Teacher’s Guide complete with mini-lesson and lesson plan ideas
3. Student Practice Pages: 3 Weeks of Practice Pages (Monday-Thursday)
4. Student Assessment Pages: Three, Two-Page Assessments that focus on the skills taught that week as well as Revising & Editing Passage
**View the product preview to get a glimpse at the resources included in this resource!
How to Utilize
The grammar outline provided can be used by teachers to view the pacing guide for teaching an entire year’s grammar standards (language arts). The year’s standards are split into nine units, which are each three weeks in length. Each unit highlights specific TEKS and Common Core Standards. The outline lays out the skills taught in each unit, including a skill focus, sentence structure concept, and spelling pattern.
The teacher resources that are included with each unit consist of mini- lesson and lesson plan ideas to teach specific grammar skills, sentence structure concepts, and spelling patterns. The teacher’s guide pages are used to guide instruction at a self-paced rate and can be used in any order throughout the unit. Sample lessons are included to introduce each new concept that is covered in the student warm-up pages. Lessons are designed to be purposeful, interactive, engaging, and easy to implement.
The student resources include three weeks of warm-up pages (Monday-Thursday) and a two-page assessment at the end of each week (Friday). This assessment covers basic knowledge of all concepts from throughout the week and includes revising and editing passages in which students apply their knowledge of skills learned during the week.
*Please note that units can be purchased through a growing bundle or individual units.
Daily Grammar Unit 1
Daily Grammar Unit 2
Daily Grammar Unit 3
Daily Grammar Unit 4
Daily Grammar Unit 5
Daily Grammar Unit 6
Daily Grammar Unit 7
Daily Grammar Unit 8
Daily Grammar Unit 9
Enjoy this Resource!