Digital Math Mysteries are a fun and engaging activity where students start reading the story, solve the word problems, and click on the correct answer. If the correct answer is chosen, the story continues. If a wrong answer is chosen, a 'stopper' will tell them to go back to where they were working, and TRY AGAIN! Click here to check out a video to see this digital version in action.
The skills covered are:
- elapsed time
- units of measure
- equivalent fractions
- order of operations
- repeated addition
- subtraction with money
- multiplication/division with tens (70x5=350)
- names of shapes.
This fun and engaging digital mystery is SELF-CORRECTING, NO PREP, and completely PAPERLESS. Just decide if you want your kids to work individually or in groups. Then, share the Google Form with your students and watch the excitement begin! It works great with Google Classroom, too!
This math mystery should take your students 30-45 minutes to complete, depending on student ability levels. Some of the benefits of digital math mysteries are:
- Builds critical thinking skills
- Promotes problem-solving skills
- Paperless and No Prep
- Reinforces grade level math concepts
- Engaging and fun!
Included in this resource:
- Teacher Guide of directions on how to use the resource with tips for how to introduce a math mystery
- a digital math mystery
- Access to Computers, Laptops, Chromebooks or mobile devices
- Access to viewing Google Forms™
- Access to genial.ly
Be sure to check out the preview to see what's included.
Thanks for stopping by!