This is a set of the 41 3rd grade Dolch words on individual word cards (plus seven blanks for other high frequency words, like your name or your school's name!). All the cards are on a cute lavender background with white polka dots (from www.mycutegraphic.com). The set also includes 4 large cards with 10-11 Dolch words on each.
Print on card stock and laminate for strength and durability.
Ideas for use:
• Cut out and laminate the individual cards on your Word Wall as you introduce new words. You can use the lists to check off the words you’ve introduced.
• Use the individual words as flash cards with a whole group, small group, or individual students.
• Laminate the word list cards (or slide them in a page protector). In a small reading group, pass out the four word list cards to a student or pair of students. Draw an individual word card from a pile and have the group who has that word on their list cross it off with a dry-erase marker. The first student/pair to cross off all the words wins!
• Print out two sets of the individual word cards. Let students play a matching game with 10-15 focus words.
• Sight word four corners: Tape one word list card up in each corner of the room. Students should pick a corner of the room in which to stand. The teacher (or a student) pulls one card from the individual word deck. Students who are standing in the corner with the card on the list are out and return to their seats. Those remaining choose a new corner and play continues until one student remains. Keep students reading and involved by having the students who are out read the drawn sight word card.
Thanks for looking!
3rd Grade Dolch Sight Words Card Set by Bonny Skutch is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.