This Excel format grade book, lists all of the ELA Common Core standards for 3rd grade. This way, you can make sure you cover everything you need to.
1) Type in your students' names on the first page.
2) Select the standard that will be used from the standards bank for the assignment you will grade.
3) Cut and paste that standard (Or, copy and past it, if you know you will be using that standard again) in the assignment section of the grade book.
4) Write the assignment, that corresponds to that standard, in the cell next to that standard.
5) As you go through the year, it will be easy to see which standards you have not covered yet, as they will still be in your bank.
When you first download the grade book, simply name it with this year's date. That way you will have a master copy to use in years to come.