3rd Grade No-Prep Fluency and Close Reading Homework / Fluency Passages and Reading Comprehension
36 weeks of homework or intervention to improve third grade students' reading fluency and close reading skills.
This formerly growing bundle is now complete!
Other fluency bundles:
• 2nd Grade Fluency Bundle
• 1st Grade Fluency Bundle
• Kindergarten Fluency Bundle
• Segmenting & Blending Fluency Bundle
• Letter Sounds Fluency Bundle
• Letter Name Fluency Bundle
Print the fluency passages you need for the week and copy them back-to-back. Students work on one page per week at home. The assignment is set up to make this run as smoothly as possible for Mom and Dad. Each page is divided into 4 sections and labeled Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 4. Students practice reading the assignment for the day
(letters, words, or sentences depending on the level) and then complete a quick close reading activity
to help strengthen reading comprehension skills. There are also weekly parent tips
to give families ideas of how to support their students at home.
You could send home the same assignment or passage with each student for the week, or use the different levels to differentiate.
Each week contains:
• 2 pages (copy double sided)
• 1 leveled fluency passage for daily reading (alternating fiction and non-fiction)
• 4 days of short close reading activities
• Parent Tips
• NEW FEATURE:
alternate question page each week with multiple choice close reading questions + key
Leveled Reading Fluency Passages:
36 weeks total
• 4 weeks reading level J (set 2)
• 4 weeks reading level K (set 2)
• 4 weeks reading level L (set 2)
• 4 weeks reading level M (set 2)
• 4 weeks reading level N (set 1)
• 4 weeks reading level N (set 2)
• 4 weeks reading level O (set 1)
• 4 weeks reading level O (set 2)
• 4 weeks reading level P (set 1)
the Level J, K, L, M passages in this bundle are different
than the ones in the 2nd Grade Fluency Bundle.
This is a great companion resource to any of our other fluency products.
→Download the 3rd Grade Fluency Sampler to try out 5 weeks of homework.
Connect with us! • Second Story Window