3rd Grade Fractions: Fraction Frenzy contains 3rd grade fraction activities.
Currently, 3rd Grade Fractions:Fraction Frenzy supports CCSS standard 3.NF.1 understanding fractions are made of equal parts, 3.NF.2 locating fractions on a number line and 3.G.2 partitioning shapes into equal parts.
Fractions have your third graders feeling the fraction blues? Melt those fraction blues away with 3rd Grade Fractions: Fraction Frenzy.
• Deepen understanding with interactive notebooks.
• Improve flexible thinking with exploration that looks simple but stretches the mind.
• Maximize fraction vocabulary and promote understanding with vocabulary reference sheets and "I can..." statements .
Easy to use. Packed with great resources.
Currently, Fraction Frenzy includes:
1. 20 "I can..." statements to help students understand what they can do with fractions. There is at least 1 "I can..." statement for each Common Core, 3rd grade fraction standard. Many standards have more than 1 "I can ..." statement. The additional statements broaden and deepen understanding of fractions.
2. The 16 illustrated fraction terms help students use precise math terms in their work. Copy these and place them in math journals.
3. 7 Interactive Notebooks
Exploring Fractions helps students piece together reasoning and communication skills using Jigsaw groups. (Teaching instructions and a website link are included.) Your students will create an interactive notebook about halves, thirds, fourths, sixths or eighths. They’ll share and teach the information to student groups.
Conquer fractions on a number line with Exploring Number Lines 0 to 1 and 0 to 2. Students create and place fractions on number lines. Fractions bars are included to improve precision.
Questions are included in all the notebooks to guide learning and teaching. There are follow up Piecing It Together question for group discussion. After the group discussion, students record Piecing It Together answers in math journals. Rubrics with sample answers have been added to help you grade these sections.
4. The 10 worksheets
5 worksheets build on student knowledge of understanding fractions. 5 more worksheets allow students more time to work with fractions on a number line. Each worksheet is progressively more challenging.
5. 2 Performance Task are included. The task helps students apply fraction knowledge in real world context. There is a performance task for understanding fractions and one for fractions on a number line. Each numbered part of the task has multiple steps. Work through these together and then independently to help students learn to look for all parts. (Great for test prep!)
6. What child doesn’t love a game? Playing is how children learn. We’ve included a links to 9 websites with games to reinforce fraction standards.
7. Answer Keys and Rubrics are time savers. Don’t worry about “figuring out the answers” especially when answers can vary. Answer Keys and Rubrics give you the guidelines you need to get it done.
8. We didn’t forget to include Using Fraction Frenzy. This section includes tips, directions, standards alignment and more to help you successfully use Fraction Frenzy with your students.
Current Bonus Math Journal products:
• Fraction Smart Sources: 16 illustrated fraction terms.
• “I can…” Statements: 20 illustrated statements that correlate with 3rd grade fraction standards.