Also included in
- Save $189 when you purchase this complete bundle!Our 3rd Grade Guided Math Curriculum includes 126 editable step-by-step lessons! This curriculum provides 5 major components of a workshop model: Step-by Step Math Mini-Lessons, hands-on activities, independent practice, exit tickets, and assessments.$189.00$378.00Save $189.00
This Fractions unit includes 21 individual lessons with hands-on activities and independent practice - both print & digital.
Save 40% when you purchase Unit 4. If you purchase individually, this unit has a value of $63.00.
Each lesson includes the following :
- Mini-Lesson: Bright, engaging digital lessons introduce and model each concept, including interactive questions and error analysis tasks to check understanding.
- Math Mat & Task Cards: Task cards guide students through hands-on activities designed to reinforce the concepts introduced in the Mini-Lesson.
- 2 Practice Pages: Perfect for in-class practice or homework, these activities provide plenty of support, but ask students to start demonstrating their understanding more independently.
- Exit Tickets provide a brief snapshot of student understanding for you at the end of each math block.
> Mini-Unit Quick Checks will help you track student learning and progress.
> A formative Unit Assessment will help you understand your students’ mastery of the material and plan your next steps.
Take a closer look at the lessons included in each mini-unit:
Mini-Unit 1 - Understanding Unit Fractions *6 lessons
- 1.1 Area models with halves & fourths, thirds & sixths
- 1.2 halves & fourths, thirds & sixths on number lines
- 1.3 Area models with halves, fourths & eighths, fifths & tenths
- 1.4 halves, fourths & eighths, fifths & tenths on number lines
- 1.5 Area models with halves, thirds, fourths, sixths, & twelfths
- 1.6 halves, thirds, fourths, sixths, & twelfths on number lines
Mini-Unit 2 - Understanding Fractions *5 lessons
- 2.1 Partitioning shapes
- 2.2 On a number line
- 2.3 Fractions of a set
- 2.4 Equal sharing word problems
- 2.5 Composing and decomposing with unit fractions
Mini-Unit 3 - Whole Numbers as Fractions *3 lessons
- 3.1 Partitioning shapes
- 3.2 On a number line
- 3.3 Equal Sharing
Mini-Unit 4 - Equivalent Fractions *4 lessons
- 4.1 Unit Fractions & Their Equivalents
- 4.2 Partitioning shapes
- 4.3 On a number line
- 4.4 Generating equivalent fractions
Mini-Unit 5 - Comparing Fractions *3 lessons
- 5.1 With the same denominator
- 5.2 With the same numerator
- 5.3 Using reasoning skills and benchmarks
Unit 4 Assessment inside the BONUS download. (editable option included)
What digital resources are included?
- The mini-lessons are available as editable Google Slides & PowerPoints
- The math mats are available as Google Slides with editable text
- The practice pages are available as Google Slides (not editable)
- The exit tickets & quick checks are available as auto-grading Google Forms
Click PREVIEW to view each unit in detail.