3rd Grade Geometry - Classifying Quadrilaterals and Polygons TEKS 3.6A 3.6B 3.6E
What educators are saying
Products in this Bundle (8)
showing 1-5 of 8 products
Also included in
- Everything you need to teach 3rd grade math TEKS for the ENTIRE SCHOOL YEAR! This growing bundle includes the TEKS based Math Units 3rd grade Texas teachers need! This year-long bundle gives you ALL the resources you will need to teach the 3rd grade math TEKS easily, and without the stress of planniPrice $160.50Original Price $321.00Save $160.50
Everything you need for a TEKS centered 3rd grade geometry unit! Your students will enjoy classifying quadrilaterals and polygons with all of the engaging activities included in this unit! All of the worksheets, printables, games, digital activities, and task cards are designed with STAAR testing in mind.
- Daily Lesson plans with Bonus Activities!
- 22 Student Notebook Pages- no cutting or gluing required
- 4 No Prep Games
- 1 Low Prep Game
- 12 Math Journal Prompts
- Geometry Vocabulary Bunting- aligned to the TEA definitions
- 10 Exit Tickets
- 2 End of Unit Assessments- both as printable PDFs and Digital Google Forms
- 24 STAAR Review Geometry Task Cards- both printable and digital Google Forms
The included resources are designed to work together seamlessly and provide you with plenty of activities to select from for:
- Whole Class Lessons
- Guided Small Group Lessons
- Math Stations
- STAAR Review
- Identifying Polygons
- Classifying and Sorting 2D and 3D Shapes
- 2D shapes include: triangles, all quadrilaterals, pentagons, hexagons, octagons and more
- 3D shapes include: cones, cylinders, spheres, triangular and rectangular prisms, and cubes
- Naming quadrilaterals based on their attributes: trapezoid, parallelogram, rectangle, rhombus, squares, and those that are only quadrilaterals
- Decomposing congruent shapes into parts that have equal areas
This is a TEKS centered resource. This Texas-specific resources cover the TEKS and nothing but the TEKS, so that teachers don’t spend additional time sorting through what to use; there is no time to waste. As with all of my resources, it is designed with STAAR in mind. This resource is designed for everything your 3rd graders should know about geometry to be prepared for STAAR and to be successful in 4th grade and beyond.
- 3.6A Classify and sort two- and three-dimensional figures, including cones, cylinders, spheres, triangular and rectangular prisms, and cubes based on attributes using formal geometric language.
- 3.6B Use attributes to recognize rhombuses, parallelograms, trapezoids, rectangles, and squares as examples of quadrilaterals and draw examples of quadrilaterals that do not belong to any of these subcategories.
- 3.6E Decompose two congruent two-dimensional figures into parts with equal areas and express the area of each part as a unit fraction of the whole and recognize that equal shares of identical wholes need not have the same shape
TEACHERS LIKE YOU SAID…
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Haley L. said, “This was such a great resource for my students. Geometry is something they struggle with, so having additional resources really helps with their understanding!”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Mary K. said, My students absolutely LOVED this unit! It was engaging and rigorous!”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️T.E said, “This resource helped me fill in the gaps that the textbook missed. Thanks!”
Check Out These Other Units and Bundles
→ 3rd Grade Addition and Subtraction Bundle
→ 3rd Grade STAAR Review Games
Copyright © Marvel Math
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.