Grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, word work and figurative language feature in this year-long resource for third-grade students. With activities, task cards, and assessments, you can cover the integral surface and deep feature skills required to become a proficient writer. This resource is presented in an easy, structured, cover-your-bases system. This would be a handy resource for a substitute teacher too.
The language skills covered in this resource is closely tied to the CCSS for 3rd Grade.
**This product features US spelling and paper sizes**
Save 25% and get this product PLUS our 20 dynamic language skills posters AND 72 punctuation challenge task cards by clicking here.
Skills are introduced clearly and then revisited so your students can learn, practice and excel!
In our Language Skills Resource (Grade 3) you will receive:
• 40 activity sheets (in both colour and black and white versions) featuring writing, grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, word work and vocabulary activities.
• Answer sheets for each activity sheet
• A comprehensive teacher information pack explaining the purpose of the product, its suggested use and the literacy skill definitions and rules.
• FOUR end-of-term assessments, designed to be used after each set of ten activity sheets (1-10, 11-20, 21-30, 31-40.
• Four definition and rule mini-posters for your students to refer to while using this product, and in their general writing time. These come in both colour and black and white!
• 42 Punctuation Multi-Choice Challenge Task Cards
- An answer key
- A student answer sheet.
o Introduces and revisits concepts.
o Kid-friendly superhero theme throughout!
o Assessments (and answers) provided!
o Targeted at a 3rd Grade Level
Language Skills featured:
** Nouns (including concrete and abstract), Pronouns, Verbs (including regular and irregular), Adjectives (including comparative and superlative), Adverbs, Simple Verb Tenses, Proper nouns, Coordinating and Subordinating Conjunctions, Prepositions, Precise Verbs, Plural Nouns (regular and irregular)
** Simple Sentences, Compound Sentences, Complex Sentences, Sentence Openers, Sentence Punctuation, Run-on Sentences, Sentence Fragments
** Periods, Capital Letters, Capitals in Titles, Commas for lists, Commas for Addresses, Forming and Using Possessives, Quotation Marks and Commas in Dialogue, Question Marks, Exclamation Marks
** Consonants and Vowels, Plural Rules, Prefixes, Suffixes, Syllables
** Context Clues, Synonyms, Antonyms, Similes, Metaphors, Alliteration, Onomatopoeia and more!
** PLUS engaging writing prompts!
Uses in your classroom:
• Use as a follow-up activity after literacy skills teaching.
• Use as an independent activity as part of a literacy rotation.
• Use as a homework task.
• Use as an early finisher activity.
• Work through an activity sheet with a small group.
For our full Grammar and Language Skills Range click here
We really appreciate your feedback! If you enjoy this resource, don't forget to leave feedback so you receive credit and other teachers can find it too!
Stay in touch
Follow us on Facebook
Pin with us on Pinterest!
Subscribe to our Youtube channel!