Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Groundhog Day Math Mystery (grade 3) worksheets are common core aligned and are great for practice and review. Students must solve clues to save Chuck the groundhog! Depending where your students are at in the curriculum it may also provide an excellent opportunity to teach something new! Engage and motivate your students during Math!
INCLUDES VIDEO HOOK
NEW - Editable Suspects list added to the packet. This way you can change the suspect names and alter the mystery outcome. There are also two alternative pre-made lists you can use instead. This is a great option if your students have already done this mystery story before and you need to change the mystery answer.
In this math mystery pack you will receive:
- Teacher Instructions
- The Math Mystery Story
- Suspect List - that students will use as they work through each math clue worksheet.
- Clue 1 Worksheet: Multiplication Skills (Facts 1-12)
- Clue 2 Worksheet: Rounding Numbers (To the nearest 10 or 100)
- Clue 3 Worksheet: Comparing Fractions (With Like Denominators)
- Clue 4 Worksheet: 3-Digit Addition (Some with regrouping)'
- Clue 5 Worksheet: Missing Factors (Facts 1-12)
- A student suspect declaration sheet that includes a clue completion checklist and a teacher check off as solved/try again.
- Answer sheets for each clue plus a color coded guide to the elimination process of the suspect list.
- Printable awards to give to students who solve the case and save Chuck the Groundhog!
AVAILABLE FOR OTHER GRADE LEVELS (or if you require a different level of difficulty)
Here are a few links to some of my other products that you may also be interested in:
Bundle and Save with Math Mysteries Holiday Bundle Pack GRADE 3 This math mystery is included in this bundle.
It is also included in this mega sized bundle Complete Math Mystery Bundle for GRADE 3
Look for the little green star near my store name and click to follow for updates on new math mysteries added and more!
© Mrs J's Resource Creations 2016