Common Core focused, backward design.
MULAN- FOCUS ON CHARACTER
- Spelling descramble and spelling list
- Brain Activate
- Vocabulary cards for word wall
- Vocab review sheet
- Vocab dominoes
- Bubble map graphic organizer
- Comprehension questions
Big Idea: what do good readers do?
• Readers pay attention to and envision the way a character behaves to learn about them. Look for clues in the story that reveal what your character is like.
• Readers use empathy for characters to make predictions about what characters will do next
• Readers learn more about their character by noticing when characters act differently from themselves