3rd Grade Lang. Arts Study Guides aligned to Virginia Standards of Learning Objectives. 15 Pages! Pages include the standard, explanation, example, visuals, and practice questions.
I did not make a study guide for the oral language objectives, please see below or download the preview for what content is covered.
1. Word Analysis (Synonyms, Antonyms, Homophones, Roots, Affixes, Context Clues)
2. Reference Material (Dictionary, Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Atlas, Online Search)
3. Comprehension (Author's Purpose, Fiction elements, Compare/Contrast)
4. Comprehension (Making Predictions, Drawing Conclusions, Fiction vs. NF)
5. Comprehension (Main Idea/Details, Summary)
6. Comprehension (Cause/Effect, Making Connections, Problem/Solution)
7. Genre (Fiction examples, Nonfiction examples, Poetry)
8. QAR Strategy Explanation
9. Text Features (T.O.C., Index, Glossary, Heading, Diagram, Table/Chart, Map, Graph, Photograph)
11. Writing (Types, Prewriting, Paragraph)
12. Grammar (Complete Sentences, Transition Words, Commas in a Series)
13. Grammar (Noun, Pronoun, Verb, Adjective)
14. Grammar (Abbreviations, Contractions, Articles)
I send home all the study guides for the year in September as a "LA Playbook" and throughout the year just assign the page numbers to study.
Check out my other VA SOL Study Guides For 3rd Grade:
-Study Guides MEGA BUNDLE
Math Vocabulary Sorts
aligned to 3rd grade VA SOL curriculum!
Language Arts Interactive Notebooks:
Grammar Interactive Notebook
Reading 2nd Edition Interactive Notebook
Main Idea Interactive Notebook
Synthesis Interactive Notebook
Historical Fiction Interactive Notebook & Anchor Chart Kit
Come see me!
Blog Facebook Pinterest