Great for distance learning! 3rd Grade Language Arts Study Guides aligned to Virginia Standards of Learning Objectives. 15 Pages! Pages include the standard, explanation, example, visuals, and practice questions.
This contains only the PDF Version. *Updated with the 3rd grade VA SOL standards approved in 2017. Please scroll down below to see what content is included from standards 3.4, 3.5, 3.6, and others.
Study Guides Individual by Subject:
Bundle Study Guides:
I did not make a study guide for the oral language objectives, please see below or download the preview for what content is covered.
1. Word Analysis (Synonyms, Antonyms, Homophones, Roots, Affixes, Context Clues)
2. Reference Material (Dictionary, Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Atlas, Online Search)
3. Comprehension (Author's Purpose, Fiction elements, Compare/Contrast)
4. Comprehension (Making Predictions, Drawing Conclusions, Fiction vs. NF)
5. Comprehension (Main Idea/Details, Summary)
6. Comprehension (Cause/Effect, Making Connections, Problem/Solution)
7. Genre (Fiction examples, Nonfiction examples, Poetry)
8. QAR Strategy Explanation
9. Text Features (T.O.C., Index, Glossary, Heading, Diagram, Table/Chart, Map, Graph, Photograph)
11. Writing (Types, Prewriting, Paragraph)
12. Grammar (Complete Sentences, Transition Words, Commas in a Series)
13. Grammar (Noun, Pronoun, Verb, Adjective)
14. Grammar (Abbreviations, Contractions, Articles)
I send home all the study guides for the year in September as a "LA Playbook" and throughout the year just assign the page numbers to study.
Check out my other VA SOL Study Guides For 3rd Grade:
Math Vocabulary Sorts aligned to 3rd grade VA SOL curriculum!
Language Arts Interactive Notebooks:
Come see me!