Fill your bilingual word wall with learning objectives! Whether you teach ELL, ESL, Spanish Immersion, or just want to communicate better with your Spanish-Speaking students; these bilingual posters will give you the exact language you need to keep your students engaged in content while they master English. These poster pages present Learning Goals and Scales aligned to a growth mindset and the Common Core Math standards, as well as Florida and most states. Inspired by Marzano's research in “The Art and Science of Teaching” these posters break down the standards into four proficiency scales from 1-4 (levels of difficulty), with a learning goal statement accompanying each one. These posters were originally created to align with Marzano Framework and iObservations Teacher Evaluations.
* This document is strictly aligned to the original Common Core standards and the content is NOT EDITABLE.
This is how Marzano Proficiency Scales work: proficiency in each standard is represented by a score of 3. A score of 4 indicates an advanced knowledge of the skill, usually above grade level. The learning goals assigned to scores of 2 and 1, are either derived from sub-skills of the standard, or from the background knowledge of earlier grade levels. Students will be amazed by their progress by the end of the year! Resources such as Bloom's and Marzano's Taxonomy were also used to create the scales. Visit Mrs. L's website for a short video explaining how scales for Math and ELA were designed. (Look for "Marzano Posters" under the RESOURCES tab.)
THIS DOCUMENT INCLUDES:
1. One color poster with learning goals and scale for every standard.
2. One black & white poster with learning goals and scale for every standard.
3. Five EDITABLE blank color posters, one for each cluster (OA, NBT, NF, MD, G), if you’d like to write your own learning goals for the scale with your students.
4. Five EDITABLE blank black & white posters, one for each cluster (OA, NBT, NF, MD, G).
This document is strictly aligned to the original Common Core and the content is NOT EDITABLE. However there are BLANK pages that may be edited to create your own scales with the same colors and graphics.
For directions on editing the pages in your pdf. document. CLICK HERE
For more information on using Marzano Scales, visit
You may also like...