3rd Grade Math Curriculum Unit 5: Area and Perimeter
What educators are saying
Also included in
- The Simplified Math Curriculum™ is an all-inclusive 3rd Grade Math Curriculum that includes EVERYTHING you need to Teach, Practice, and Assess ALL Math Standards!! This curriculum was designed to be effective in teaching the standards, easy to implement for teachers of all levels, and engaging forPrice $189.99Original Price $300.89Save $110.90
This all-inclusive 3rd Grade Math Unit from The Simplified Math Curriculum™ includes EVERYTHING you need to Teach, Practice, and Assess Area and Perimeter standards!!
This curriculum was designed to be effective in teaching the standards, easy to implement for teachers of all levels, and engaging for students.
⭐WATCH THIS VIDEO to take a look INSIDE The Simplified Math Curriculum
⭐SAVE BIG when you get the FULL YEAR BUNDLE!
Looking for MORE Units? See ALL Available Units !
✉ Get NOTIFIED when NEW Units & Grade Levels become available!
✔ DOWNLOAD a FREE Sample Lesson & Activities
- Unit Flow Chart: to help with pacing
- Teaching Roadmaps for each lesson: includes objectives, materials, notes, misconceptions, differentiation, etc.
- Support Materials: We put together instructions on how to use everything included in this unit. We've got your back!
- : (PowerPoint & Google Slides) - These lessons are interactive and engaging, use research-based teaching strategies, and include a modeling section, a guided practice section, and an independent practice section.
- A Student Math Journal for note-taking, guided practice, and independent practice.
- Daily Warm-Ups that focus on number sense and fluency as well as review
- Daily Self-Reflection Slips for the end of each lesson
- “Extra Practice” activities for every lesson to extend learning and mastery
- 10+ Anchor Charts (interactive and complete anchor charts)
- End of Unit Review Game
- Math Vocabulary Book
- Printable Math Manipulatives
ASSESSMENT TOOLS (Printable & Google Forms)
- Unit Pre-Test
- Check-Point / Quiz
- Unit Post-Test
- Data Charts to help you analyze your students’ test results
☝☝ Check out the Preview for more details! ☝☝
: (About 3 Weeks)
- UNIT INTRO: Pre-Test & Activity
- LESSON 1: Find the Area with Square Tiles
- LESSON 2: Find the Area with Square Units (Sq. Cm and Sq. Inches)
- LESSON 3: Compare the Area of Rectangles
- LESSON 4: Connect the Area to Multiplication
- LESSON 5: Find the Area of Incomplete Arrays
- LESSON 6: Find the Area of Composite Shapes (Part 1)
- LESSON 7: Find the Area of Composite Shapes (Part 2)
- LESSON 8: Find the Perimeter of Different Rectangles
- LESSON 9: Find the Perimeter of Polygons
- LESSON 10: Perimeter - Find the Unknown Side
- LESSON 11: Compare the Area and Perimeter of Rectangles
- LESSON 12: Unit Review Game
- UNIT CLOSURE: Post-Test & Activity
❤❤ Why Teachers Love This Resource! ❤❤
- The Lesson Presentations are "teacher gold". They take the guesswork out of teaching math, are ready-to-go, and help you walk your students through learning each standard.
- ALL materials are No-Prep or Low-Prep! Save TIME!
- Activities promote deep thinking and understanding.
- The layout and design are clean and not distracting. The focus is on the math!
- Assessments come in Google Forms, so they automatically grade themselves! (printable version also included).
About The Simplified Math Curriculum™
The Simplified Math Curriculum™ was created by two passionate and experienced educators: Greg Coleman from Mr. Elementary Math and Kristin Rivera from One Stop Teacher Shop.
As classroom teachers, curriculum designers, professional development presenters, a math intervention specialist, a math curriculum coach, and a homeschooling parent, Kristin and Greg have pulled from their professional and personal experiences to develop a well-rounded curriculum that supports student learning and promotes quality instruction.
It was our goal when designing this curriculum to make it…
- Effective in teaching the standards
- Easy to implement for teachers of all levels
- Engaging for students
The Simplified Math Curriculum™ provides you with everything you need to TEACH, PRACTICE, and ASSESS all grade-level standards.
If you would like to contact us about pricing on a license for an ENTIRE school, county, or district, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This item is a paid digital download from my TpT store
As such, it is for use in one classroom only. This item is also bound by copyright laws. Redistributing, editing, selling, or posting this item (or any part thereof) on the Internet are all strictly prohibited without first gaining permission from the author. Violations are subject to the penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Please contact me if you wish to be granted special permissions!