Products in this Bundle (8)
showing 1-5 of 8 products
Keep your third graders engaged during holiday times with these standards-based digital escape rooms. These low-prep online breakouts are a great way to encourage collaboration, review important math skills, and practice critical thinking skills.
- Try "Capture the Candy Corn Man" at your class Halloween party, or any time of year!. Your students will be multiplying and dividing as fast as they can in order to catch the Candy Corn Man! Multiplication and division word problems will need to be solved, and students will demonstrate knowledge of multiplying with arrays.
- Can your class find missing factors and round numbers to unlock the oven and save Thanksgiving?
- When the tricky turkeys lock your students in a barn, can they use multiplication, subtraction with three digits, and place value to escape?
- Escape the Snowglobe is a "Quick Escape" designed to be completed in under 30 minutes that will have students racing to find missing factors, round numbers, and perform addition and subtraction within 1,000.
- When the gingerbread man locks your students in a bakery, can they interpret pictographs, solve multi-step word problems, and use logic to escape?
- The Valentine's Villain has stolen all of the heart-shaped candies, your students will save the day by solving word problems using the four operations, adding and subtracting with regrouping, interpreting bar graphs, and more.
- When a child's leprechaun trap actually works, your 3rd graders will race to set him free by finding the perimeters of polygons, finding missing factors and divisors, multiplying single digits by multiples of ten, and more. Please see the description for each included product for details about what skills are covered in each breakout.
- Reprogram the robots to save summer vacation! Students will need to read time to the minute on an analog clock, calculate elapsed time, compare fractions with the same numerator or denominator, solve 2-step word problems, and more!
Please see the preview files (and video previews if available) for each of the products to assess if the skill levels are appropriate for your students.
These escape rooms are fully automated by a Google Form™ (does not require Google Drive™, Google Classroom™, or e-mail addresses). The forms give hints and will not allow students to progress until the correct answer is entered.
- Do students need to have Gmail™ accounts? NO! Anyone with internet access and a tablet, computer, or even phone can complete the breakout.
- How long will this take? Most students will be able to complete this activity in 45-60 minutes. The form will not save student data, so if you are worried about your students not finishing on time, simply have them write their answers on scratch paper. They can then come back and quickly re-enter their answers and pick up where they left off.
- Will students have to search the web to figure out the puzzles? NO! All of the information needed will be provided in the Google Form™. The math in this activity is all standards-based.
- Do I have to hide clues? No! There are no clues to hide. Simply give the students a QR code to scan or a link to click, and everything is automated from there!