Are you looking for a comprehensive, meaningful way to bring a close to your math lessons? This set consists of 40 thought provoking questions or tasks that are aligned to a Common Core Measurement and Data standard. After a math lesson, students spend the last 5-15 minutes working on the question or task for a quick formative assessment.
Finish-Up Flippies may be used in these ways:
1. Students may share their responses orally or with their group members.
2. Teachers may use student responses as a jump start for conferencing with student about mathematical understanding.
3. Teachers may use the student responses as a quick formative assessment.
4. Since there is more than one question for each standard, teachers may assign Finish-Up Flippies as homework.
Finish-Up Flippies are manipulative and attach to interactive journals and notebooks, but take up no writing space in journals!
Here’s how they work:
1. Students simply cut out their Flippie and attach it by the tab on the left side. It fits perfectly in the center of a journal or a sheet of notebook paper!
2. Students flip the Flippie and write their responses underneath!
3.Finish-Up Flippies help teacher keep track of how well students
are grasping mathematical concepts all year long!
Finish-Up Flippies will help your students discover the purpose of mathematical concepts as they are required to reflect and apply what they have learned. Each Finish-Up Flippie is label with the standard. There is more than one Flippie for each standard, allowing for teacher choice. The set also contains 6 math journal prompts that may be used with any lesson. Finally, 2 blank Flippies are included.
*Instructions and suggestions for teacher use are included.
Check out these other Flippies Sets!
Multiplication and Division
Finish-Up Flippies Bundle! Includes all sets - save 20% by buying the bundle!
I hope you choose to download this product. If you do and find it helpful, please leave a great rating, follow me, and check out the other products in my store! Thank you!
~For personal and single classroom use only.~