Do your students seem to forget what they learned last year or what you've taught them at the beginning of the year when test time comes?
A complete math program takes a balance of many components including Daily Spiral Review as well as Daily Problem Solving. This product was written to use for Spiral Review, Problem Solving, and Numeracy in 3rd Grade.
This is Part 3 (Sets 13-18) and is designed to be used for six weeks. The entire series has five parts, but only Parts 1, 2, and 3 are complete at this time.
Please download the PREVIEW for a complete explanation of how you could implement it in your classroom and to get a SAMPLE of an entire week. The actual product includes Sets 13-18 (Six Weeks).
- These problems are intended to be a spiral review of skills already taught and to help fill in the gaps for skills students may need more practice in.
- These spiral review problems also help keep concepts “fresh” in students’ minds throughout the year. It is ESSENTIAL to students being successful in a balanced math classroom.
- The problems on one page come from different reporting categories, so multiple concepts are reviewed each day. The problems are meant to be a quick review, so they are not at a high level and most of the problems are open ended.
- An Answer Key is Included
- The Problem of the Day is a spiral review word problem to ensure students are practicing the process of problem solving EVERYDAY.
- It is also presented as part of the Spiral Review as well as on a separate page in the UPS-Check Graphic Organizer format to teach your students how to solve a word problem in a systematic step-by-step way that is based on the process TEKS.
- This page helps review many different important numeracy and place value concepts on a daily basis. If you are short on time, this page could be optional.
- I’ve used the Number of the Day in a variety of ways in my classroom including as homework, in work stations, as an intervention, and as bonus practice work.
- Independent 10 question quick quizzes to give on Friday to help track student progress.
- These questions mirror some of questions students completed throughout the week. The 10 questions chosen for these quizzes are the concepts important at that time in the year. For example, the questions for this first part of the year are heavily focused on place value & addition/subtraction.
- This is a NEW component added to this 3rd Edition! Previous editions do not include this quiz.
If you have any questions, please email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Erica Hennigh, Top of Texas Teachers
Please note: If you have purchased the previous version of the Texas Tornado Spiral Review for 3rd Grade, you will be able to still get the updated version of the Daily Spiral Review, Problem of the Day, and Number of the Day by going to "My Purchases" and re-downloading the file. However, it will NOT include the weekly spiral review quizzes. If you are interested using in the Spiral Review Quizzes, you will need to purchase this product.