Third Grade NYS ELA Module 4 Building Background Knowledge:
Getting to Know H2O, Unit 1, Lessons 1-13 FULL BUNDLE will save you time and sanity! It has everything you need to deliver the Third Grade ELA, Module 4, Unit 1 created by Expeditionary Learning on EngageNY.
1. Rochelle Strauss, One Well: The Story of Water on Earth (Tonawanda, NY: Kids Can Press, 2007), ISBN: 978-1-55337-954-6.
2. “Let’s Get Physical!” in Junior Scholastic (2007, Issue 14), 18–19.
3. Expeditionary Learning, “Where in the World Is Water?”
4. New Hampshire Public Television, “Rivers and Streams,” in NatureWorks, available at www.nhptv.org/natureworks/nwep7j.htm.
5. Stephen R. Swinburne, “River to the Sea,” in Highlights for Children (1999, Issue 3) 8–9.
6. “The Water Cycle for Kids,” U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) and the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), available at http://ga.water.usgs.gov/edu/watercycle-kids.html.
7. Gina Jack, “Earth’s Water Cycle,” in New York State Conservationist for Kids (Winter 2009), New York State Department of Environmental Conservation, available at www.dec.ny.gov/education/51515.html.
Anchor charts, word wall, powerpoint slides, and activities are included in the download.