Fun labs and engaging activities will help you teach these concepts.
This resource addresses the NGSS Disciplinary Core Idea of Motions and Stability: Forces and Interactions.
This resource includes lessons that address the standard:
NGSS 3-PS2-2 Make observations and/or measurements of an object’s motion to provide evidence that a pattern can be used to predict future motion.
This resource includes hands-on activities, a nonfiction article, response pages and interactive notebook flaps. Students will love these exciting activities that are really engaging. Students will use STEM thinking and design principles in these engaging activities. Teachers will love the low prep and lessons with easy to find house hold materials.
For NGSS 3rd Grade
Next Generation Science Standards
Science and Engineering Practices Students Will Use:
1. Asking questions (for science) and defining problems (for engineering)
2. Developing and using models
3. Planning and carrying out investigations
4. Analyzing and interpreting data
5. Using mathematics and computational thinking
6. Constructing explanations (for science) and designing solutions (for engineering)
7. Engaging in argument from evidence
8. Obtaining, evaluating, and communicating information
First Law of Motion
This resource can also be purchased as part of a unit. STEM Force and Motion Unit NGSS 3-PS2-1 and 3-PS2-2
Or in a bundle at a 20% savings 3rd Grade Science Lesson Bundle