These flash cards cover the following:
- MAIN IDEA and the Corresponding strategy MI
- CONTEXT CLUES and Corresponding strategy 3SB
- SUMMARY and Corresponding strategy BME
- FACT AND OPINION
- AUTHOR'S PURPOSE and Corresponding strategy PIE
- PREFIX and SUFFIX (plus examples of each)
- CAUSE AND EFFECT
- HOMONYMS ( Homophones and Homographs)
How to print:
In the past I use Card Stock paper. If your printer allows front and back printing, all you have to do is press print!
Otherwise, you will have to either have two sets of cards one with answer and the other the question or print off and then use a copier machine to copy front to back.
These cards have really helped my kids understanding of all the different reading strategies, but also long term memory. Flash cards are a great way to start the day and to maximize the time that is usually wasted; bathroom breaks, waiting in line and in the morning before entering the classroom.
Hope you enjoy!
If you like these please look for my 3rd Grade Geometry, 3rd Grade Science and 3rd Grade Social Studies flash cards!