This lesson is focused on students learning to resolve various types of conflicts. Students will work in groups to apply their social emotional skills to age appropriate scenarios using a conflict management strategy.
This lesson is the second lesson available on helping students build their ability to manage conflict in daily situations. Please visit our store if you would like to purchase additional lessons in this unit or the entire 3rd grade bundled unit on Managing Conflict.
In the full curriculum, this unit is taught last so that students make the connection between all the social emotional skills they have learned and how the connect to resolving conflict. An SEL Review sheet is provided so that you can implement this lesson without teaching the full curriculum. For more information on the full curriculum visit our website @pawsitivelysel.com
1. Teacher Guide
2. PowerPoint- 8 colorful and engaging slides
3. SEL Review
4. Student Group Activity
5. Student Reflection
By the end of this lesson students will be able to:
1. Explain why it’s important to resolve conflict.
2. Describe a strategy for resolving conflict.
3. Practice resolving conflict in typical 3rd grade situations.
4. Decipher the social emotional intelligence skills they are using when resolving conflict.