Also included in
- Our 3rd Grade Place Value Unit takes 2nd and 4th grade place value skills and addresses them with 3rd grade level numbers!Save 40% when you purchase Unit 2. If you purchase individually, this unit has a value of $48.This unit includes 16 individual lessons with hands-on activities and independent p$28.80$48.00Save $19.20
- Save $189 when you purchase this complete bundle!Our 3rd Grade Guided Math Curriculum includes 126 editable step-by-step lessons! This curriculum provides 5 major components of a workshop model: Step-by Step Math Mini-Lessons, hands-on activities, independent practice, exit tickets, and assessments.$189.00$378.00Save $189.00
This Rounding as Estimation Mini-unit includes both print & digital resources perfect for use with a guided math model.
Rounding is so hard for 3rd graders! It is often taught as a discrete skill without the context of estimation. Since estimation is the purpose behind rounding, this unit includes 4 lessons teaching students to round to the nearest ten, hundred, thousand, and ten-thousand with up to 5-digit numbers.
- 4.1 Rounding to the Nearest 10
- 4.2 Rounding to the Nearest 100
- 4.3 Rounding to the Nearest 1,000
- 4.4 Rounding to the Nearest 10,000
EACH LESSON INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING:
- PowerPoint Lesson: Bright, engaging digital lessons introduce and model each concept, including interactive questions and error analysis tasks to check understanding. (editable text)
- Math Mat & Task Cards: Task cards guide students through hands-on activities designed to reinforce the concepts introduced in the Mini-Lesson. (editable questions)
- Practice Pages: Perfect for in-class practice or homework, these activities provide plenty of support, but ask students to start demonstrating their understanding more independently.
- Exit Tickets provide a brief snapshot of student understanding for you at the end of each math block. (editable text)
- Quick Check (lessons 1-4 quiz with editable questions)
- All digital options
Teachers using the Common Core Standards can meet standard 3.NBT.1 using lessons 1 and 2, while lessons 3 and 4 are designed to meet TEKs 3.2C.
This material is also appropriate for introducing 4th graders to rounding to any place as specified in standard 4.NBT.3 of the Common Core Standards.
CCSS: 3.NBT.1, 4.NBT.3
Purchase each 3rd Grade Guided Math Unit:
>> Unit 1: Multiplication & Division
>> Unit 2: Place Value
>> Unit 3: Addition & Subtraction
>> Unit 4: Purchase the Fractions