3rd Grade STAAR Reading Review Task Cards Set 2 New ELAR TEKS
What educators are saying
Also included in
- #testprepsale*SAVE 15% WHEN YOU PURCHASE THIS 3RD GRADE BUNDLE!***ALIGNED WITH MOST UPDATED ELAR TEKS!*****WE’VE ADDED SET NUMBERS TO EACH TASK CARD TO DISTINGUISH BETWEEN SETS.***Don’t wait until right before the end-of-year STAAR or other state assessment to get your students ready for the test! PPrice $13.42Original Price $14.91Save $1.49
- With the implementation of the new ELAR TEKS this year, you need a resource to help your students prepare for the test. For school years 2019-20 and 2020-21, students will only be assessed on overlap standards (those standards that are included in both the 2009 TEKS and 2017 TEKS) per TEA; this resoPrice $23.86Original Price $29.82Save $5.96
- All your favorite resources in one MEGA BUNDLE! Just what you need to make it through the big test with ease and confidence! SAVE 30% WHEN PURCHASING THIS MEGA BUNDLE compared to purchasing individual sets! Included:1) 34 Weeks of Daily Spiral Review for 3rd Grade2) Differentiated Skill-Based 3rd GPrice $106.10Original Price $151.57Save $45.47
With the implementation of the new ELAR TEKS this year, you need a resource to help your students prepare for the test. For school years 2019-20 and 2020-21, students will only be assessed on overlap standards (those standards that are included in both the 2009 TEKS and 2017 TEKS) per TEA; this resource is aligned to those overlap standards, and it will be updated if necessary in 2021 for the 2021-22 school year when more 2017 standards are assessed.
We firmly believe that the best test prep starts in August. To effectively review, you should begin preparing students during the 1st 6 weeks of school, and our favorite way to test prep is with our STAR READY Task Cards©!
This 2nd set of STAR Ready 3rd Grade Reading Task Cards includes 24 task cards aligned with 3rd grade reading TEKS and common core standards and are perfect for assessing where your students are and where you need to go for the next 6 weeks of school.
These rigorous, higher-level thinking questions are made in STAAR format, have multiple choice answers, and address the following skills:
- Alphabetical order to the third letter
- Antonyms & synonyms
- Author’s purpose/message
- Author’s use of language
- Cause & effect
- Character relationships
- Context clues
- Determining the meaning of words using root words & affixes
- Drama elements
- Evaluating details to determine key ideas
- Genres – autobiography, biography, drama, expository, informational, literary nonfiction, poetry, realistic fiction
- Making inferences & drawing conclusions
- Making predictions
- Plot elements
- Point of view
- Retell/paraphrase/summarize texts
- Rhyme scheme, sound devices, & structural elements in poetry
- Text organization/structure
- Using reading strategies to comprehend a variety of texts & support answers with textual evidence
- 3.2C, 3.3B, 3.3C, 3.6C, 3.3D, 3.6F, 3.6G, 3.7D, 3.8A, 3.8B, 3.8C, 3.9B, 3.9C, 3.9Diii, 3.10A, 3.10D, 3.10E
- L.3.2.G, L.3.5, L.4.5.C, RF.3.3.A, RI.3.1, RI.3.2, RI.3.8, RL.3.1, RL.3.2, RL.3.3, RL.3.4, RL.3.5, RL.3.6
Instructions are included for 4 methods of review: task cards review in centers/groups/pairs/individuals, a SCOOT game, Quiz-Quiz-Trade, and a "Be the Teacher" game.
We hope you enjoy them, and we’d love to hear your feedback! :)
Follow us on TpT, Facebook, Instagram and/or Pinterest to be alerted when the new resources are added. Any time we add a new product, we offer it for 50% off for the first 24 hours after it is uploaded. Click the “Follow Me” button above to receive email notifications from TpT so that you can save!
~Heather & Ashley
Watson Works, LLC
*Full preview of the product available by selecting the preview button above.
©2015 Watson Works, LLC. Except as permitted under the United States Copyright Act, no part of this publication may be reproduced, stored, or distributed in any form or by any means (mechanically, electronically, recording, etc.) without the prior written consent of Watson Works, LLC. Purchasing this product in digital form from the Watson Works store on TeachersPayTeachers.com licenses one teacher to use this product in his/her classroom or for personal use. Additional licenses must be purchased for additional teachers to use this product. Made in the USA. All rights reserved.