Also included in
- Included in these 3rd Grade Science Units: science lessons, science interactive notebook activities, science vocabulary review, science lab, science reading passage, science assessmentSave 40% when you purchase this complete bundle.Teaching Science using only a textbook is hard! Build a solid founda$54.00$90.00Save $36.00
3rd Grade Science Unit 2: Earth, Sun, and Stars - Objectives: Students will understand the characteristics of stars, the sun and gravity. They will understand that stars can be different and may appear brighter than others, except for the sun. Students will be able to identify the sun as a star that emits radiant energy to Earth. Students will explore gravity and how it can be overcome.
Each Lesson includes the following:
- editable PowerPoint mini-lessons
- interactive notebook page
- cut and paste sort (google slides version included)
- lab activity where students can show what they've learned
- reading passage with questions to review
- crossword puzzle to review vocabulary words
- unit assessment
Unit 2: Earth, Sun, and Stars includes 7 days of lessons:
- Day 1: Stars
- Day 2: Our Sun
- Day 3: Radiant Energy
- Day 4: Gravity
- Day 5: Lab Activity
- Day 6: Review with Passage and Crossword Puzzle
- Day 7: Unit Assessment
* Each science sort includes a digital interactive google slides version.
Click the preview button to learn more.
Florida Science Standards (NGSSS): SC.3.E.5.1, SC.3.E.5.2, SC.3.E.5.3, SC.3.E.5.4, SC.3.E.5.5, SC.3.E.6.1