Inspire your students to achieve the Common Core Standards by providing them with their own personal owl themed goal charts! Watch students take ownership of their learning and eagerly work to fill their charts. Their enthusiasm will gradually build throughout the year as they see their academic growth visually displayed, and their goal charts filling with colorful stickers.
Parents will love the goal charts too! Each time they visit your classroom and see the bulletin board, they'll get a quick snapshot of their child's ongoing progress on grade level standards. Your students will be proud to share their goal charts with their parents during conferences as well.
Goal charts are a great way to involve your students in reaching their goals. They'll be more aware of the growth they're making during the year as they watch their charts fill up with the stickers they've earned. You will be amazed at your students' eagerness to meet their goals, and how hard they will work to earn their stickers. Best of all, they'll have fun doing it!
The Common Core Goal Chart collection includes the following resources:
* Classroom Ideas and Suggestions for using Goal Charts
* Photo of a Student Goal Chart sample
* Student Goal Chart Template
* Blank Student Goal Chart Template
* 8 different Owl Goal Stickers that coordinate with the sample Student Goal Chart Master Template (8 different monsters, six stickers of each per page)
* Generic Owl Goal Stickers to use in designing your own goal chart (8 different monsters, six stickers of each per page)
* Enlarged Owl Characters to decorate your classroom or bulletin board (8 different designs)
* Award Certificates of completion (4 different designs)
Common Core Standards: The Goal Chart concept is open ended and can be taylored to fit absolutely any grade level from Kindergarten through 5th grade! You can either use the Student Goal Chart I've created for 3rd grade (see the photo of the sample chart in the thumbnail photos), or choose your own goals from the Common Core, and insert them into the template. Making your own chart is quick and easy using the 'blank' Goal Chart templates included in this packet!
The Common Core Standards listed below are specific to the 3rd grade Goal Chart included in this packet. Just remember, you can taylor the goals on the chart to fit the focus in your classroom by using the blank templates.
* Addition Fact Fluency - Math.2.OA.B.2
* Subtraction Fact Fluency - Math.2.OA.B.2
* Multiplication Fact Fluency - Math.3.OA.C.7
* Divison Fact Fluency - Math.3.OA.C.7
* AR Reading Goals - ELA.RL.2.10, ELA.RL.3.10, ELA.RL.4.10
* Dibles (WPM) - ELA. RF.2.4, ELA.RF.3.4, ELA.RF.4.4
* DAZE - ELA.RF.2.4, ELA.RF.3.4, ELA.RF.4.4