Products in this Bundle (5)
Also included in
- Save BIG when you purchase this Growing Bundle! Once complete, this resource will include 8 mega-units and have a value of over $250!The 3rd Grade GROWING bundle of Guided Math Units is finally here! Use this resource to help you quickly plan detailed lessons and focus on specific skills you are wor$101.00$202.00Save $101.00
The 3rd Grade Measurement Unit starts with telling time and moves to measuring time intervals, including elapsed time, finding start times, and finding end times. Students will learn about perimeter by measuring perimeter and learn about area by tiling with square units. From there, they will explore liquid volume and weight measurements with both metric and customary units.
This unit includeS 19 individual lessons with hands-on activities and independent practice. Exit tickets for each lesson and 5 Mini-Unit Quick Checks will help you track student learning and progress. A formative Unit Assessment will help you understand your students’ mastery of the material and plan your next steps.
Each lesson includes the following :
- Mini-Lesson: Bright, engaging digital lessons introduce and model each concept, including interactive questions and error analysis tasks to check understanding.
- Math Mat & Task Cards: Task cards guide students through hands-on activities designed to reinforce the concepts introduced in the Mini-Lesson.
- Practice Pages: Perfect for in-class practice or homework, these activities provide plenty of support, but ask students to start demonstrating their understanding more independently.
- Exit Tickets provide a brief snapshot of student understanding for you at the end of each math block.
Take a closer look at the lessons included in each mini-unit:
Mini-Unit 1 - Telling Time *3 lessons
- 1.1 Telling time to the hour & half hour
- 1.2 Telling time to the quarter hour & nearest 5 minutes
- 1.3 Telling time to the nearest minute
Mini-Unit 2 - Measuring Intervals of Time *3 lessons
- 2.1 Beginning Time Intervals
- 2.2 Counting intervals of time on a clock
- 2.3 Counting intervals of time on a number line
Mini-Unit 3 - Measuring Perimeter *4 lessons
- 3.1 Measuring the perimeter of triangles
- 3.2 Measuring the perimeter of quadrilaterals
- 3.3 Measuring the perimeter of pentagons and hexagons
- 3.4 Measuring the perimeter of composite shapes
Mini-Unit 4 - Measuring Area *5 lessons
- 4.1 Tiling with square pattern blocks and unit cubes - tie counting to repeated addition
- 4.2 Tiling - tie repeated addition to multiplication
- 4.3 Finding area with multiplication
- 4.4 Comparing perimeter and area, making shapes with same/different dimensions
- 4.5 Finding the area of rectilinear shapes
Mini-Unit 5 - Measuring Weight & Volume *4 lessons
- 5.1 Liters and Milliliters
- 5.2 milligrams, grams, kilograms
- 5.3 Customary units - ounces, cups, ounces, pounds
- 5.4 Word problems using all 4 operations
Unit 5 Assessment (included in the BONUS file)
What digital resources are included?
- The mini-lessons are available as editable Google Slides & PowerPoints
- The math mats are available as Google Slides with editable text
- The practice pages are available as Google Slides (not editable)
- The exit tickets & quick checks are available as auto-grading Google Forms
Click PREVIEW to view each unit in detail.
CCSS: 3.MD.1, 3.MD.2, 3.MD.5, 3.MD.6, 3.MD.7a, 3.MD.7b, 3.MD.7c, 3.MD.7d, 3.MD.8, 3.G.1, 3.OA.9,
TEKs: 2.9G, 3.5E, 3.6C, 3.6D, 3.7B, 3.7C,3.7D, 3.7E