Also included in
- Vocabulary Roots, Jr. is a year-long vocabulary program for 3rd grade - now with PRINT and GOOGLE DRIVE versions included!Students will learn common morphemes (root words, prefixes, and suffixes) and practice using them to decode unfamiliar words. Everything you need to teach vocabulary for one quarPrice $67.00Original Price $104.00Save $37.00
Make teaching and learning vocabulary fun with this 3rd grade vocabulary unit! This unit contains third grade vocabulary word lists based on Greek & Latin roots at the 3rd grade level with activities, assessments, games, and student dictionaries that will keep your students engaged throughout.
Vocabulary Roots is a year-long vocabulary program for 3rd grade! Students will learn common morphemes (root words, prefixes, and suffixes) and practice using them to decode unfamiliar words.
Everything you need to teach third grade vocabulary for one quarter (nine weeks) is included in each unit.
Unit 1 of 3rd grade Vocabulary Roots includes:
- 9 weeks of ready to teach vocabulary lessons
- 5 words per week with a common morpheme (roots, prefixes, & suffixes)
- Word wall cards
- Anchor charts
- Weekly practice activities
❤️ Your students will LOVE learning and decoding new vocabulary words each week. They’ll have a plethora of vocabulary to use in their writing and will understand where the words come from.
All of these 3rd grade vocabulary lessons are PRINT & GO! Students will learn the systematic method for learning the vocabulary words each week and will be begging you to play the games.
Unit 1 covers the first 9 weeks of the third grade vocabulary study. These 3rd grade Greek & Latin roots lessons can be used in a variety of ways! Try out these vocabulary resources as literacy centers, for independent work, or send home as homework.
Meets Third Grade Common Core Standards (CCSS):
✅ Download the preview for a free week from Unit 1 Greek and Latin roots Third grade and to see all of the morphemes included for the entire year.
What are teachers saying about this resource for learning Greek and Latin roots 3rd grade?
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "My students loved the weekly vocabulary lessons. They enjoyed the activities and games. I have never had students look forward to vocabulary lessons before.” - Teryl F.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "This resource is amazing for building and understanding vocabulary! My student's loved it! I especially loved the worksheet with "odd one out!" It allowed them to use their critical thinking skills!” - Emily H.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "This is an excellent resource! The activities are helpful in understanding the words and the assessments at the end are well designed and really shows if the student understands both the definition of the word and how to use the words. Thank you!” - Jamie M.
Bundle & Save! Purchase the Vocabulary Roots, Jr. Full Year Bundle, and save 10%, plus get an exclusive bonus Root Word Dictionary!
You may also like…
- Word Work for Big Kids: Vocabulary & Spelling Activities for Any Word List
- Greek & Latin Roots Vocabulary Bundle for Grades 5-6
- Greek & Latin Roots Vocabulary Bundle for Grades 3-4
Copyright © Chalk & Apples.
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only. Not for public display.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.