A quick word about this product and how I use it:
* It is NOT flashy or colorful! I did this intentionally so slides (specifically
the county slides) could be printed as handouts.
* I project this on the SmartBoard. An internet connection is recommended, but not required.
* The content of this slide show discusses elements of the following 3rd grade West Virginia History
SS.3.WV.1 – locate counties. Please note that this does not cover county seats or bordering states.
SS.3.WV.3 – investigate the nine tourist regions of West Virginia.
* There are many hyperlinks in this slide show. (They are underlined throughout) The
hyperlinks will take you to the official websites of the key points of interest found in each of the
tourism regions discussed in the slide show. I normally cover one tourism region per day, and
have my students use the websites to write a poster or pamphlet for that specific region.
(CCSS W.3.2 – write an informational text)
* The “key words” page also includes hyperlinks to the Merriam-Webster™ dictionary website.
(CCSS L.3.4 – use glossaries or beginning dictionaries, both print and digital, to determine or
or clarify the precise meaning of key words or phrases)
* Again, this is a simple-style slide show, but is also very printer-friendly.