Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This Winter Math Mystery (3rd Grade Edition) is designed to engage your students. Your students solve clues to help discover where the Ice Queen is being held captive and put a stop to the rising Snowman Army! Entertain and motivate your students with this fun winter detective story, which also encourages critical thinking as they must reason their way through eliminating locations.
An optional video hook is available to use to introduce this activity to your students.
A written story is also provided within the PDF mystery file to use as an alternative.
NEW - Editable Locations list added to the packet. This way you can change the place names and alter the mystery outcome. There are also two alternative pre-made lists you can use instead.
In this winter math mystery pack you will receive:
- Teacher Instructions
- The Winter Math Mystery Story “Case of The Snowman Army”
- Possible Locations List - that students will use as they work through each math clue worksheet.
- Clue 1 Worksheet: Multiplication (Mixed Facts 1-12)
- Clue 2 Worksheet: Time (Reading Clocks – 5 minute Intervals)
- Clue 3 Worksheet: Equivalent Fractions (Fill in the missing numerator to make a pair of fractions equivalent)
- Clue 4 Worksheet: Multiplying One-Digit Numbers by Multiples of 10
- Clue 5 Worksheet: Pattern Sequences
- A location declaration sheet that includes a clue completion checklist and a teacher check off as solved/try again.
- Answer sheets for each clue plus a color coded guide to the elimination process of the locations list.
- Printable awards to give to students who solve the case by discovering where the warlock is keeping the Ice Queen captive.
I hope your students enjoy. Please do not hesitate to email me on JJResourceCreations@gmail.com or use my store Q & A if you need help or have any questions when using this resource.
This math mystery story is currently also available for Grades 2, 3, 4 and 6.
Look for the little green star near my store name and click to follow for updates on new math mysteries added and more!
You may also be interested in: