3rd Grade Word Problems | Math Spiral Review | Math Test Prep YEARLONG BUNDLE
Products in this Bundle (5)
Also included in
- The POWER Math Ultimate Bundle is everything you need for a successful year of math instruction! The resources found in this bundle were designed with the philosophy in mind that math should be POWERful. POWER stands for purposeful opportunities with engagement and rigor. You and your students deserPrice $75.00Original Price $105.43Save $30.43
This set of 3rd grade math word problems contains 5 questions for each math standard. The questions are designed to help build conceptual understanding.
These questions can be used for whole class lesson starters, 3rd grade math small groups, rotations, homework, math spiral review and math test prep.
Math word problems help students take math understanding to the next level. And these Power Problems were designed to do just that. Not all math word problems are created equally, it is important that word problems are realistic, relatable and written to promote higher order thinking. Power Problems do just that!
Combining a math word problem attack strategy with a good set of math word problems is a proven research-based strategy for deepening students’ mathematical understanding.
You can confidently use these word problems knowing that the questioning is targeting conceptual understanding. Students will need to use their reading and comprehension skills while also applying everything they have learned in math class.
Mastering the art of solving math word problems takes a lot of practice. With five questions for each standard, this set of Power Problems includes plenty of opportunities for practice.
How Power Problems will help your students:
- Power Problems will show students how math concepts apply to real world situations and why math is so important.
- Some basic reasoning and elimination skills can lead to success with multiple choice questioning, but these word problems will require students to read carefully, gather relevant information, solve the math problem and think about whether or not their answer makes sense in the context of the problem.
- Power Problems will require students to pull apart problems, solve multiple pieces, put them back together into a logical solution.
- Procedural math questions don’t build a great deal of creativity. In fact, with enough procedural questioning, students will just memorize the answers. But with Power Problems, there will be opportunities for students to create their own equation to solve the problem leading to several different approaches.
- The best screeners of students are good teachers! And Power Problems are a great tool for teachers to visually see the mastery level of each of their students for each math standard or concept.
We have Power Problems for grades K-8! CLICK HERE to shop!
Standards & Topics Covered
Number and Operation in Base Ten
- 3.NBT.1 - Place value concepts
- 3.NBT.2 - Adding & subtracting whole numbers
- 3.NBT.3 – Multiplying numbers
Operations & Algebraic Thinking
- 3.OA.1 - Interpreting products of whole numbers
- 3.OA.2 – Interpreting quotients of whole numbers
- 3.OA.3 – Use multiplication and division to solve word problems
- 3.OA.4 – Determining unknown numbers in a multiplication or division equation
- 3.OA.5 – Apply properties of operations to multiply and divide
- 3.OA.6 – Understand division as an unknown-factor problem.
- 3.OA.7 – Fluently multiply and divide within 100
- 3.OA.8 – Solve two-step word problems using the four operations.
- 3.OA.9 – Understanding patterns on a multiplication chart
Number and Operation - Fractions
- 3.NF.1 – Understanding fractions
- 3.NF.2 – Understanding fractions on number lines
- 3.NF.3 – Equivalent fractions and comparting fractions
Measurement and Data
- 3.MD.1 – Understanding time
- 3.MD.2 – measuring and understanding liquid volume and mass
- 3.MD.3 – Picture graphs
- 3.MD.4 – Measuring length and using line plots
- 3.MD.5 – Understanding area
- 3.MD.6 - Measuring area
- 3.MD.7 - Relate area to the operations of multiplication and addition.
- 3.MD.8 – Word problems with area and perimeter
- 3.G.1 – Understanding and examining shapes
- 3.G.2 - Partition shapes into parts with equal areas.