Ever wish your students would read word problems multiple times to understand and solve the problem? This collection of 10 common core area (metric units) word problems are on a graphic organizer that uses close reading strategies.
Students read the word problem four different times with a different purpose each time to help understand the problem:
★ Read #1: Identify what the problem is about
★ Read #2: Identify the numbers in the problem and what they describe
★ Read #3: Create a model or drawing to represent the problem
★ Read #4: Write the equation that represents the problem.
After four reads, students have said to me that this is the FIRST TIME they ever actually understood word problems and knew how to solve them!
To save money, you may want the BUNDLE instead:
• 3rd Grade Close Reading in Math BUNDLE!
Some of my other best-selling products you may like! Companion resource/product links below you may want to include in your collection of lesson plans. Make Math fun and rewarding!
★★★★ 4 Star reviews make this a great addition to your classroom!
• Magic Square Puzzle Bundle: Addition and Subtraction Math Facts
• Match Up - Building Better Problem Solvers. For Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd & 3rd.
• 1st Grade Compare Word Problems - A Graphic Organizer that Actually Works! (includes SET of 2)
• 2nd grade Money Word Problems - Close Reading!
• Fact Fluency Games Tool Kit: Addition and Subtraction Facts – includes 56 Domino cards!
• 1st Grade Word Problems - Show It 3 Ways!
• 2nd grade Two Step Word Problems - Close Reading!
• Arrow Math - Addition and Subtraction on a Hundred Chart