WHAT YOU’LL RECEIVE
This kit is all about using proper nouns, well, properly. It covers proper noun categories, rules, capitalization, and the importance of proper nouns in effective writing.
• Bellringer – Students find capitalization errors in a sentence which includes proper nouns.
• PowerPoint – This interactive presentation spells out the rules and categories for proper nouns, as well as capitalization standards. Students use a fun foldable to help visualize common and proper nouns within categories.
• Video – First this “pause & play” interactive video shows students how the use of proper nouns helps readers visualize scenes differently. More specific writing equals a more specific image.
• Game – Students replace common nouns in a story with imaginary proper nouns. But there’s a catch. The new words must begin with certain letters. Get ready for some very colorful proper nouns.
• Worksheet – Create proper nouns, but wait! You may also have to draw it.
• Quiz – What were those categories again? Look them over because this quiz requires sentences with proper nouns from five different groups.
• Teacher answer key, supplies for foldable, and interactive notebook pages.