I love using pacing boards with my little ones to help guide them with a visual prompt for their sound production, along with a verbal and/or tactile PROMPT. They participate in putting on and pulling off the Velcro icons. Included are templates for 4 boards and a few samples of their use. Print pictures from TPT – Apraxia Kit CV-CVCV, Apraxia Kit VC-CVC and Apraxia Word List. Print instructions for parents to use ,pacing boards, letters & numbers on card stock and laminate. Use Velcro to attach letters, numbers and pictures. I use the SMEAD Poly File Folders because they are durable.
Pacing Board For Sound Sequencing
Ricki Block, MS, CCC-SLP www.preschoolspeechie.com
This pacing board is a visual support which can help your child learn sound sequencing for:
• CV – e.g. moo – M + OO vowel, then show pic of cow
• CVCV – e.g. cookie– pic of cookie(coo) + pic of key, then show pic of cookie
• VC – e.g. up – pic of up (uuh) + letter P, then show pic of up
• CVC – FCD- e.g. pig – Pii + g or P + ig, then show pic of pig
• Clusters – e.g. Spoon-SP- put S in 1 square and P in other-stretch the S sd to P, then show spoon
1. Start from left to right
2. Place pics or letters on squares.
3. Tap 1st pic on left, say first part of word, e.g.cooo (elongate if appropriate) then run finger along arrow and name 2nd pic, e.g. key or letter(s), or back chain (say second word first, .e.g key, then whole word, e.g. cookie.
4. Say the whole word again while tapping