Although this may look like a typical card making activity, it is actually so much more.This bundle provides cards for students to color, trace, sign, and deliver to your school staff for four different occasions. If you are looking for meaningful holiday activities to do with your students, this is it. These cards are a great way to say thank you and happy holidays to your school staff. These activities are also great social skills lessons allowing students opportunities to practice a wide range of social skills not easily addressed in discrete trial or small group instruction.
4 Occasions: Valentine's Day, Thanksgiving, December, End of the Year
Aligned to at least 14 ABLLS-R objectives
Here is what you can do:
1. Print the directions and cards.
2. Select the cards of people who are important to your students within the school.
3. Address generic cards to anyone not included with personalized cards.
4. Each student can color one or more cards.
5. All students can sign the back of each card or you can write From Ms. So-and-so's class.
6. Deliver the cards around the school reminding students who they are going to see, where they are located, how to greet and respond to greetings, and any other expectations you may have.
Aligned to 14 ABLLS-R Objectives
C27 Follows instructions to go to a person
C28 Follows an instruction to give an item to a person or place an item on an object
C29 Follows an instruction to walk to someone and get a named item
C30 Follows an instruction to go to a person and do an action
G3 Student will label common people in his environment
L5 Looks at others to start a social interaction
L6 Will approach and attempt to physically engage others in interactions even when the other person does not have a reinforcing item
L8 Follow simple known directions provided by another individual
L10 Return greetings from others
L17 Make appropriate eye contact when interacting with others
L21 Appropriately initiate greeting to others
L31 Wait for a break in an on-going conversation before attempting to speak with one of the people involved in the conversation
L32 Converse with adults and peers for up to three exchanges
P3 Use skills acquired in training situations in other situations
Keywords: holiday cards, Thanksgiving, Valentines, thank you cards, February, end of the year, December, Christmas, New Year, Santa, craft, ABLLS-R, autism, language delay, support staff, language development, social skills, generalization, conversation, receptive language, labeling, The Deane's List