Also included in
- This is my Shakespeare in 30 collection. Each abridged Shakespeare play in this series has been adapted for teens to tackle in a half an hour. These Shakespeare adaptations are perfect for ELA, ESL, and Shakespeare camps. These abridged Shakespeare plays has been used with:✅ Reader’s Theatre (1-2 clPrice $69.99Original Price $94.81Save $24.82
These versions of Hamlet are part of my Shakespeare in 30 collection. Each abridged Shakespeare play in this series has been adapted for teens to tackle in a half an hour. This abridged Hamlet is perfect for ELA, ESL, and Shakespeare camps.
These abridged Shakespeare plays have been used with:
✅ Reader’s Theatre (1-2 class periods)
✅ Staged Readings (1 week)
✅ Full production (3-4 weeks)
The Shakespeare in 30 collection is perfect for students in grades 6-12 studying William Shakespeare.
This resource takes the story of Hamlet and separates it into four scripts based on the featured relationship. Students can perform all four plays together and examine how the character of Hamlet changes in each relationship.
⭐️ Hamlet & Himself - Abridged to focus on Hamlet's soliloquies, revealing his inner struggles and turmoil. (9 roles)
⭐️ Hamlet & his Friends - Focuses on Hamlet's relationships with his friends, particularly as he judges their reactions to him. (11+ roles)
⭐️ Hamlet & his Parents - A new way of looking at Hamlet's parents/family - not as villains, but as suffering through an overly dramatic adolescent. (10+ roles)
⭐️ Hamlet & Ophelia - Focuses on Hamlet's relationship with Ophelia, particularly as she acts on behalf of her father. (9 roles)
1. A full Teacher's Guide:
- Teaching Drama in ELA & Questions to Consider
- Guide to a Staged Reading (Making the Most of One Week)
- Tips for Teaching Shakespeare
- Evaluating Drama
- Director's Notes (and blank version)
2. 4 editable scripts
3. Shakespeare's Language Worksheets:
- Iambic Pentameter
- Thou vs. You
4. Editable Extension Activities:
- Character Analysis + Rubric
- Performance Review + Rubric
- Soft Skills Rubric
5. Digital Capabilities
- Tips for editing & uploading
- Writable Google Slides versions of worksheets
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "This resource provides the 'quick & dirty' of a drama, without the dragging on process of a 2-3 month unit. I also love that it provides teamwork and empathy, as my kids need to continue to realize the world doesn't revolve entirely around them!" -Victoria R.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “Really a fun way to get students excited about the work.” -Elizabeth F.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “Interesting adaptations that worked well to have students understand Hamlet better.” -Terra Beth D.
Download the preview for more information! You can also view a sample Close Reading scene (for The Tempest) here.
Your download is a .zip file containing several files. The Teacher's Guide is a .pdf and cannot be edited. You can edit the script (.doc) and the extension activities (.ppt). You also get the worksheets as fillable Google Slides. If you have any questions or concerns, please email me at email@example.com.
You may also like my Introduction to Shakespeare Escape Room and Digital Breakout!
Did you know that you can towards future TpT purchases by reviewing this product? If you enjoy this product, please leave a review at the product page or through “My Purchases” under “My Account” at TpT. Ratings make the TpT world go round. :)
You can also follow me for the latest news on products and sales.
If you have any questions, I’d love to hear from you!
-Danielle @ Nouvelle ELA