PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
PerfettoWritingRoom(c) is happy to put forth a "sampler," free version of a paid product, "The Four Senses" Secret Writing Activity..
The paid version has CCSS, teaching overview, Grading Rubrics, and student handout "Story Ideas for the Stuck." This tool can be used for ANY student grade 6 up. College students have written high quality and polished short stories using this intriguing and multi-use method.
Please check it out here: The 4 Senses - A Guided Story Writing Lesson.
While this is a limited version of the paid version, like the other version:
You are able to surprise your students with a writing activity where they must use four of their five senses (no tasting!). There is intrigue, the element of personal choice regarding what whey write about. This promotes enthusiasm and ownership during the writing process.
They will be challenged to use figurative language.
Like the original version, you will lead and guide your students through a 4-part writing assignment, in class. Each part is timed. Please note that students may need or want more time (which is always a good thing in creative writing, as it means they are fascinated with what they are doing!)
This is in the top 5% of writing activities my students have enjoyed. Though "bare bones" it can be accomplished in two days. If you choose to purchase it with PerfettoWritingRoom's(c) Teaching the Writing Workshop, it can take longer, but will become an indispensable part of your year. Also, if students read their works, or if you simply have them do in class peer-review and a rewrite, be prepared for a five-day lesson.
Ultimately, the goal is for students to create a full-length short story.
I apologize for my lack of "full-disclosure" - this activity, at its best, is intriguing and can border on "magic" for students. You must provide some items....that is all I will say. Please, download away, and look at some of the other lovely items we have at our store.
Please also consider our popular: Bold Link The Writer's Workshop for High School an 8-Day Common-Core Unit.
Get TPT credit to use on Your future purchases!
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive customized email updates about this store. ☺
Would you like to become part of the TPT family?
• If you feel you have something to share with other teachers. . .
• Sign on to be a Teachers Pay Teachers seller.
• Click on to my referral link. I enjoy helping others learn the ropes.
• You can begin here: Sign Me up to TPT with PerfettoWritingRoom as a Coach!.