United States Civil War – Four Types of Sentences
Want to increase engagement and get more ‘bang for your buck’? Try using this activity that combines Civil War concepts with the four types of sentences. This is a fun way to integrate Common Core ideas with non-fiction text.
The directions include ways to use it as a whole group or in teams/pairs, but it would also be a great addition to Daily Five language centers, tutoring/small groups, early finishers or individual work.
This game/activity includes:
1. 36 cards with Civil War sentences.
2. Directions for different levels of play.
3. Sorting categories for optional games
4. Answer keys for upper grades and lower grades
5. Quiz version or Absent make-up
6. Team/partner response forms
Thank you for choosing Creative Core Integrations by Kim Shelley
Edit 11/3/14 - Placed upper grade and lower grade terms on separate pages for ease of copying.
Your students may enjoy these complementing items from my Harriet Tubman and Civil War Units:
1. Harriet Tubman Vocabulary PowerPoint
2. Harriet Tubman Vocabulary Matching Quizzes
3. Harriet Tubman Word Wall Variations
4. Harriet Tubman Reading Test
5. Harriet Tubman Read Roll Graph
1. Civil War 4 Types of Sentences
2. Civil War Dictionary Game
3. Civil War Unit Folder
4. Civil War Main Idea Task Card and Scoot Game