- Banners / Rectangular Posters and Instructions for 4 Corners Game
- You will need reinforcement stickers / round color-coded label stickers with punctuation marks ( . ? ! ) drawn on them (example is in the preview image above).
- Exit Slip (to test kids' knowledge!)
Whole-Group Game: Four Corners
1. Hang the sentence banners in each corner of the classroom.
2. Students choose a corner in which to stand.
3. Teacher reads a sentence.
4. If students think it is the sentence type designated by their corner, they sit down.
5. If students are wrong (they stand up in the wrong corner/don't stand up in the correct corner), they are out of the game!
6. Students who are correct get a punctuation badge (sticker).
7. Teacher reads 10 sentences (included in the PDF). The student with the most stickers is the Sentence Champ!
for detailed instructions and more fun free activities that go along with teaching about the 4 Types of Sentences!