4 to Score! Articulation Game Mats
LOW PREP Activity for commonly targeted phonemes!
These articulation mats were designed to accompany the popular Connect FourTM or Four in a Row game. It is a commonly known fact that speech therapists use popular board games to make therapy fun for their students. I looked at all of my games and decided that I needed a way to make playing them more directly therapeutic! This is how all of my game companions were born! I hope you enjoy this latest edition! Don’t forget to check out my JengaTM and YahtzeeTM companions
• Game Board (to use if you do not own the game Connect Four or Four in a Row).
• Articulation Mats for the following phonemes in initial, medial, & final positions: k, g, f, v, l, s, z, sh, ch, j, th
• Mats for pre-vocalic r, er, ar, or, air, ear, ire, rl
• Mats for rblends, sblends, & lblends
• A blank mat (write in your own targets)
(please understand that this products contains the commonly targeted phonemes listed above. I will consider adding more mats based on needs/requests. Send mat requests to firstname.lastname@example.org).
Assembly: Print and go! You can laminate the boards or place them in page protectors for durability.
How to play
• Set up the Connect Four (or Four in a Row) game according to the instructions provided in the box. Place a mat (with the desired target phoneme) in front of each student. Use the game pieces that come with the game and cover each of the circles on their mat. Play the game (each student taking a turn placing a piece in, trying to get four in a row). Each time they remove a piece from their mat, they will practice the word underneath (if you practice the word 4X per turn you will get over 100 trials per mat).
• If you do not own the game, you can use the provided game board in this download. The game play is similar, except the students will be lining up the pieces on the game board mat on the circles (the goal is still to get four in a row).
• Use as a drill mat: Have the student roll a die and practice the words that number of times. Tell the students they are trying to fill up their whole mat before the session is over.
Check out My Blocks Products (companions for the game JengaTM)
(coming soon: Apraxia Blocks and Math Blocks)
Looking for more engaging articulation products?
Check out Speech-Zee (a companion for YahtzeeTM)
Artic Swat Bundle! Squish or Swat flies while practicing phonemes!
Articulation Homework Bundle
Dab A Sound Football Edition!