Are you looking for the perfect way to organize your school counseling, SEL, or character education program for the whole school year? This product contains 40 character trait posters - one for each week of the school year!
Each month features a "core value" and then each week of the month has 3 additional character traits that help give students a deeper understanding of that month's core value.
THIS PRODUCT FEATURES:
• 40 character trait posters with a meaningful quote, a unique and adorable Educlips clipart kid, and text that explains the trait in kid-friendly terms
• An EDITABLE
table that lists all of the monthly core values, weekly character traits, and quotes so that you can write in which month/week you will be focusing on each value/trait and change their order to best meet the needs of your school
This bilingual set is perfect for dual language schools, Spanish language classrooms, or to send home to Spanish-speaking parents so they can participate in the school-wide character education program as well!
THE MONTHLY CORE VALUE AND WEEKLY CHARACTER TRAIT POSTERS INCLUDED ARE:
1) Respect/Respeto (Core Value/Valor Central)
2) Self-Respect/Amor Propio
5) Kindness/Amabilidad (Core Value/Valor Central)
9) Responsibility/Responsabilidad (Core Value/Valor Central)
12) Resolve Conflict/Resolver Conflicto
13) Citizenship/Ciudadanía (Core Value/Valor Central)
14) Community Service/Servicio Comunitario
15) Respect the Environment/Respete el Medioambiente
16) School Pride/Orgullo de la Escuela
17) Compassion/Compasión (Core Value/Valor Central)
21) Honesty/Sinceridad (Core Value/Valor Central)
25) Caring/Cariñoso (Core Value/Valor Central)
29) Fairness/Equidad (Core Value/Valor Central)
31) Teamwork/Trabajo en Equipo
33) Grit/Iniciativa (Core Value/Valor Central)
37) Courage/Coraje (Core Value/Valor Central)
40) Mindfulness/Conciencia Plena
This concept makes for a great way to organize your school counseling curriculum for the year around character traits or they can be used by classroom teachers as a great SEL learning tool as well! The posters also make adorable visual aids for classroom lessons, bulletin boards, and displays around the school building! I'll share with you how I use this product at my school but there are endless ways that you could use it and make it your own!
I teach about the monthly core value and weekly character trait in my classroom lessons. I encourage teachers to display the posters in their classrooms and to incorporate the traits into their morning meetings and morning messages. Our principal reads the weekly character trait every morning on the announcements and the posters are also displayed in our main hallway. At the end of the month each class votes for a student that they think exemplifies the monthly core value and those students win Student of the Month! Student of the Month winners earn a certificate, their picture in the hallway, their name on the announcements, and the chance to sit at the Student of the Month table at lunch and eat a popsicle! Students feel SO proud to sit at the Student of the Month table and their peers feel so motivated to try to be in their place next month! :) We even honor a Teacher of the Month who exemplifies the monthly core value and they win a free lunch donated by our local steakhouse! I can't wait to hear how you use these posters and how much your students, parents, and teachers love them just like mine do! :)
Looking for this product in English only? It's available here!
40 Character Trait Posters for the Whole School Year!
★ Like what you see? Follow me on social media! ★
Follow Music City School Counselor on Instagram!
Follow Music City School Counselor on Facebook!