Inspired by Donalyn Miller's 40 Book Reading Challenge, this student packet includes all of the student materials you need to implement a 40 book reading challenge in your classroom.
The packet can be stapled and distributed or students can cut on the dotted line and glue into their own composition journals.
The packet includes 37 pages for student use. You only need to print ONCE for the ENTIRE year! Here's what it includes:
- Title Page
- Introductory Letter
- Encouraging Words Assignment for Parents
- Reading Requirements Page
- Reading Log Entry Pages (6)
- Genre Codes (with definitions of all genres)
- Characteristics of a Genre Note-Taking Page (2)
- Books I Plan to Read (3)
- Instructions for student letters
- Student Letter Example
- Letter Topic Ideas
- Letter pages for 40 weeks
Use part of the document or the entire thing! Enjoy the reading in your classroom!