I find that if my kiddos can compare the hard & soft Gg sounds side-by-side, with a variety of different activities, their reading and spelling of those words is much more successful.
A few little rules, lots of examples and fun ways to practice, will help reinforce the different Gg sounds.
So I designed this packet. I started out with just the gorilla & giraffe flip booklets, but as I was designing, I also wanted to include other quick, easy, and fun activities, where students could practice in other ways.
The variety keeps things fresh, while allowing for continued practice without reinforcement becoming boring.
Thus, the packet grew into jumbo size. I thought of selling the hard and soft Gg activities separately, but that defeated the purpose of being able to do a side-by-side comparison, so I decided to BUNDLE things at a single price.
It’s thrilling to make extra income selling items, but my heart is in getting this to students.
I LOVE helping to turn on those light bulbs and putting a big smile on a child’s face, while making a teacher’s life a bit easier.
Simply put, I know this “stuff” works because it’s worked for me.
My students are focused and having fun learning some tricky things. I can use these centers year after year, which is a huge time saver. Win-Win.
If a great sale price gets this product in your classroom—woo hoo! Honestly, it's truly my main goal.
Be sure & check the PREVIEW for lots of samples & a table of contents.
The Packet Includes:
* A super-fun gorilla & giraffe flip booklet (Color + Black & White)
* 60 picture word cards with a tip list of games you can play plus other ways to use them.
* Word Work Worksheets, which includes alphabetizing as well as word searches.
* 36 Ekonin Box center cards
* “Going to the Zoo” alliterative, “hard & soft Gg” story craftivity, packed with Dolch sight words.
* Mixing Math With Literacy number PUZZLES.
* Giraffe & Gorilla word booklets for hard & soft Gg words.
* “Feed the Gorilla & Giraffe” craft, with 194 (hard & soft Gg) mini-word cards. (Snack crackers). Can also use for games (on tip list) and sorting. (A sorting mat for both sounds is provided).
Use the variety of activities for:
* A whole group
* An independent center
* Partner fun
* Lessons for a sub folder
* A simple & quick time-filler or something for early finishers
* A game
* Something fun for ESL students or children who need extra help.
I’m Diane, from Teach With Me, hoping you and your students enjoy these activities as much as we do. Here’s to those light bulbs shining brightly!
Hard & Soft Cc packet coming soon.
Don’t forget that all my new products are 40% off for 48 hours.
Click the green star button to follow my shop & you’ll be notified of these huge savings.