Start a "Problem of the Day" in your middle school math class!
This product is included in my bundle 180 Daily Middle School Word Problems
, as well.
This zip file contains 45 common core aligned "real world" word problems for middle schoolers in 3 different formats:
- a powerpoint presentation that contains one question per slide. This is great if you want to project the word problems onto a board and use them as a daily warm-up!
- a printable version that has 3 word problems per page. This is useful if you want to run off copies for each student and have them complete a word problem each night as part of their homework!
- a list of all the questions and answers for the teacher. This provides the teacher with not only an answer key, but it is also the easiest version to skim quickly if you are looking for a word problem that corresponds with a particular lesson.
A table of contents that lists all of the topics covered and the problem numbers that use each particular skill is also included! A listing of the common core standards is included, as is a chart showing which standards correlate with each question, too!
Topics covered in this set of word problems include:
- area/perimeter/surface area
- customary system
- metric system
- writing/solving algebraic equations
Many of the word problems require students to read carefully to ensure that they answer the question that is asked and most of the word problems require multiple step solutions.
*** Check out my FREE Download "10 Free Daily Middle School Word Problems" for a 10 question sample of these word problem sets! ***