Daily Math Word Problems based on interesting events from around the world each day in the theme of "On This Day,,,".
15 math word problems per day all based on facts.
Links to Grade 4 and 5 Common Core Standards.
FULL DAY SAMPLE HERE
- IMPORTANT -
DUE TO FILE SIZE RESTRICTION ON TPT
THIS PRODUCT IS TOO LARGE TO DOWNLOAD STRAIGHT FROM TPT.
TO RECEIVE YOUR FULL PRODUCT PLEASE EMAIL
WITH YOUR USERNAME AND DATE OF PURCHASE.
YOU WILL THEN BE SENT A LINK TO DOWNLOAD THE FULL FILE.
- On This Day Math Word Problems - The Complete Month of August
August 1st to August 31st
- Interesting event from around the world each day
- Students learn about the world through math word problems
- Problems based on factual information surrounding the daily event
- Problems spread over two pages with working out space under each one
- Answer space provided for students to write a full sentence answer if required.
- Themed calendar pages with clip art based on the event
- Box with information about the day and a ‘did you know?’ fact, different for each level
- Full colour and black and white with line art clip art provided
- 15 daily math word problems over 3 levels (5 per level)
General Common Core links included
- Questions differ from level to level so can be used with advancing students each year
- Answer key included
- Page for each day including answers to all levels
- Answers have working out plus full sentence answers
- Can be used as teacher reference or handout to students
- Levels labelled in colours not low/middle/high so students aren’t identified at certain level
- Allows for differentiation for students in your class
- Lowest - Orange - Generally for Grade 4 standard (Common Core)
- Middle - Blue - More advanced Grade 4 to Grade 5 (Common Core)
- High - Purple - More advanced Grade 5 (Common Core)
Ideas for use:
- Daily warm up activities - Math station worksheets
- Homework - Math word problem journal pages
- Early finisher work - Cooperative math activities
- Assign a few of the questions and the remainder are for the early finishers.
- 31 days of daily math word problems in colour and black and white versions
August 1st - it is the horses birthday
August 2nd - Alexander Graham Bell died
August 3rd - it is National Watermelon Day (US)
August 4th - Louis Armstrong was born
August 5th - Prometheus was cut down
August 6th - the World Wide Web was born
August 7th - Philippe Petit walked between the towers
August 8th - it is World Cat Day
August 9th - building the Leaning Tower of Pisa began
August 10th - the Louvre Museum opened
August 11th - was the last total solar eclipse of the millennium
August 12th - it is International Youth Day
August 13th - the Aztec City of Tenochtitlan was captured
August 14th - it is World Lizard day.
August 15th - the Cologne Cathedral began being built.
August 16th - Usain Bolt becomes the fastest man in the world
August 17th - it was the premiere of The Wizard of Oz
August 18th - Genghis Khan died
August 19th - First Transatlantic Balloon Crossing
August 20th - it is World Mosquito Day
August 21th - the Mona Lisa was Stolen
August 22th - Captain Cook declared Australia discovered for England
August 23th - the world’s largest frog was caught in Equatorial Guinea
August 24th - Mount Vesuvius erupted
August 25th - Galileo demonstrated the telescope
August 26th - Mount Krakatoa erupted
August 27th - Mars made its closest approach to Earth in 60,000 years
August 28th - the first paid radio commercial occurred
August 29th - Michael Jackson was born
August 30th - it is International Whale Shark Day
August 31sh - was the First Solar Powered Car - Sunmobile
Each day (6 pages colour, 6 pages black and white):
- 2 pages 5 Orange Level Questions
- 2 pages 5 Blue Level Questions
- 2 Pages 5 Purple Level Questions
- Answer Keys - 1 per day (31 Days)
- General Links to Common Core
Individual Weeks of August:
1st to 8th
9th to 16th
17th to 24th
25th to 31st
maths, maths word problems, daily maths word problems